According to the National Safety Council “Injury Facts 2016”, car crashes are the #1 killer of teens.
They have five easy tips for parents:
- Buckle up on every trip, and make sure passengers are buckled, too
- Keep household rules in place, even after school lets out. One third of parents surveyed said they allow risky behaviors during vacations, like driving late at night
- Practice with teens, even after licensure, to ensure they are retaining good driving habits
- Model good behaviors; 95% of parents who drive distracted do so in front of their teens according to an NSC survey
- Set household cell phone rules.
Visit the National Safety Council for more information and tips on teen driving safety at www.nsc.org