- Do your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors need to be replaced? Check the expiration date on the back when changing the batteries. These life-saving devices should be tested monthly, but the season change is always a great reminder time to make sure they are in perfect working order.
- Check your fire extinguisher(s). Like smoke detectors, they also expire and need recharging and or replacing.
- Clear your gutters from leaves and debris before the spring rains start.
- Check your roof shingles for any damage caused by high winds and ice over the winter and replace them before you end up with a leak from spring rains.
- Get your air conditioner ready for the hot summer days. Regular maintenance allows the unit to run more efficiently and cut your energy cost. If you want to do this project on your own, there are great step by step instructions on DIY Network.
- Check your outdoor lighting and replace bulbs, especially in security lighting.
- Examine any wood railings or decking that may have come loose or damaged over the hard winter months that need to be tightened or replaced.
- Walk all the way around your home and examine from the roof line to the foundation for any cracks or gaps that need to be resealed. This will keep your home more energy efficient and prevent unwanted house guests from entering.
This is also a great time to look at your homeowner’s policy and make sure you are adequately covered. Contact us today! We’re here to make sure you have the coverage you need.